Friday, May 29, 2009

On this episode of CRIBS...

The Baby is no longer a baby. No - sad to say, he's a big boy now. Now 3 years old, he can walk and talk and say things like "I was good boy today. I didn't hit anyone." Oh hello, suddenly he's Ice Cube, and didn't have to use his AK, today was a good day! What the? NOT hitting people is normal, hell-child.

He's right though, despite some rough patches, overall he has been a good boy lately. And now that he is older, he also knows the difference between his brother's big boy bed, and his janky convertible baby crib, that is really fooling no one, it's still a crib. So he's been asking desperately for a big boy bed of his own, with one stipulation - it HAD to be a Buzz Lightyear bed. Sheesh!

First of all Buzz Lightyear is so two thousand and late, I can't even find sheets like that. However! A quick investigation into my fabric stash and what do you know - I must have thought ahead 'cause apparently I bought 3 yards of Buzz fabric like 5 years ago. Imagine that. It's like Star Trek Spock of the future came back and told me "Buy that fabric. No. Stop arguing. Just trust me."
So to appease the Baby I sewed a blanket and pillow case out of the found fabric. It's good enough, and should tide him over until the big boy bed comes. At least he didn't ask for a HULK room, it'd be an all out punching-fest then.

**Like clockwork, after my Buzz Lightyear post - Disney released the trailer for Toy Story 3 today. I guess I will get those sheets after all. Click here to see it, the site's interactive (move your mouse around), which is pretty awesome.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Cute! When you tweeted that you were making the pillow and blanket...I thought it was a really small one FOR Mr. Lightyear.

Friday, May 29, 2009 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@thefoodlibrarian Oh that's coming up in another post...

Friday, May 29, 2009 7:15:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Nice use of the Boom Boom Pow song. ;-)

Friday, May 29, 2009 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

My eight year old wrote me a letter the other day saying "im trina to not git and be fisical but I cant do it" (I'm trying to not get and be physical but I can't do it.)

So their evaluation of their own physicality only continues.

Your blog is my favorite.

Friday, May 29, 2009 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah my brother had a Buzz Lightyear bed in the late 90's. He loved it. You are the best mom ever. I think when I have a kid I'll have to stop reading so I don't feel so inferior all the time.

Friday, May 29, 2009 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Sarah's point is why I don't comment anymore. ;) I kid, I kid! Sorta....

Friday, May 29, 2009 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Super Mom.Super Wife. said...

Those sheets are so cool! You are a real super mom.

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:05:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

even my boyfriend was LOLing at your Ice Cube baby.

Friday, May 29, 2009 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Goodness, you sew too???

You really have that boom boom pow!

Friday, May 29, 2009 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger your wishcake. said...

Aw, you're a good mama. :) But I certainly agree that there are certain limits - you would be right to lay the smackdown if your child requested a Hulk bedroom. Or, even worse, old school New Kids on the Block. Because that would be just awkward.

And how did I not know a Toy Story 3 was coming out? WHAT? I am going to revert back to childhood and see it in the theatre, I'm sure.

:)

Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger The Nix Family said...

Haha! Mine says, "I nice to my friends today" - meaning he didn't try to eat any of them.
Nice to meet you the other day!
-Denise

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home