Thursday, May 14, 2009

You say tomato, I say to-mah-toe

Reason #581 why I need a job. I spent the day carving carrots into race cars. Ok, so it only took like, 10 minutes, still. I no longer build buildings, now I make carrot sculpture. Life is funny.
When the Kid and I were both sick I let him go on the computer to play some games on Disney.com. There was a section for Charlie and Lola, the animated British series shown here on the Disney Channel. My kids love Charlie and Lola, with much prodding from me, because I like it too. I'm pretty sure it's for girls, but most kids can relate. Reliable older brother, troublesome younger sibling. Hey...wait a minute...

The stories section was really cute because it not only read the story outloud (i.e. I could keep sleeping) but it was interactive and you could choose what happened in the story. This one was taken from one of our favorite books about picky eaters, "I will never, not ever eat a tomato." The kid's adore reading this book, and in the online version, the carrots turn into little race cars.So...I made some race cars. With an olive steering wheel. And radish wheels. It didn't take long but I did search the grocery aisles looking for the right sized items. sigh. My life. Anyway I also printed and cut itty bitty tiny Charlies and Lolas to drive the cars.

I love the way Charlie and Lola is 'drawn' and the show is fun and relatable to kids with siblings. However, the Baby has taken to pronouncing everything like them - with a British accent. Now he asks for toe-mah-toes. I've got a mini Henry Higgins on my hands.

Carrot Race Car how-to, here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dawn C. said...

What a wonderful mom you are.

I love the "mini Henry Higgins" line. :)

Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

this is pretty awesome.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

Office finale tonight :( I love Charlie and Lola - I wish the were the same age so I could dress my boy/girl twins as them for Halloween. Maybe I will anyway. They went as the White Stripes last year.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Chow and Chatter said...

very cool carrots

Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

i was going through your recipes b/c i need to break in my new mixer (yay!!!) but don't know where to start! i got tired looking at all the stuff you've made, got overwhelmed, and gave up!

Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home