Wednesday, June 24, 2009

All this running around, well it's getting me down, just give me a pain that I'm used to

This weather is crazy - at least here by the beach. It's overcast and cold, then blazingly sunny - the weather is having an identity crisis. My mood has been swinging along with the weather. Is it the blues or the fact that I've been to the hospital/doctor EVERY SINGLE DAY in the past few weeks?

O.G. had surgery - recovery was tougher than expected. I'd give her the meds and then she'd say, "Ok, I'm ready for my meds..." Yeah, not leaving her alone all day. Then Kid has been getting several bloody noses a day - followed by the Baby having another possible concussion. It never ends. So I've turned to drinking.Not really. I don't drink. But my main vice could be ice cream. I saw that Trader Joe's now has Haagen Daaz Honey Bee Vanilla Ice Cream for just $1.99 - along with some cherries and limes that I got at the farmer's market I put together an anti-depression cure. A Cherry Limeade Float.

Mmm. Cherry + citrus is the best combo ever, and if you make it fizzy and top it with ice cream, well you've died and gone to heaven. It defintiely takes the sting out of all these doctor's visits. Call me if you need a ride to the ER, my van leaves every 30 minutes.

Cherry Limeade Float recipe

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous kagemom69 said...

Babe - I've lived that. No fun - but you just have to laugh and roll with it, but you knew that. Hope it picks up soon for you!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:47:00 AM  
Anonymous pdot said...

Weeks like this come along to make you realize your regular crazy ain't so bad at all. Have another float. xo

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Debbie A-H said...

Feel better, O.G! We here in the interwebs love you!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:49:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

my little pb cups melted in the cooler yesterday. glad I did'nt try for ice cream. but you are making me want a cherry limeade from sonic...

Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Maybe I should just hang out at your house and then I'd know for sure I'd be gettin' to the doctor on time to deliver my baby.

sorry to hear about all the crazy hospital visits as we know very well how much you love that place. Sorry to hear about your Gma! Hope she's doing better...

loooove the drink by the way. Screw cupcakes, become a non-alchi bartender. Better yet - cupcakes and non-alcoholic drinks shop...just an idea. :) I'll be there everyday given that I won't be drinking for at least another year! :(

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home