Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Batman: It's the car, right? Chicks love the car.

I'm not one for staying home, so I'm always dragging the kids out to look for fun things to do. In this town, fun could be at any turn. I was driving around when the Baby yelled SUPERMAN! He is very into superheroes right now, so I didn't quite know what to expect.

Turns out some car/superhero enthusiasts were having an impromptu car show, just for themselves! We pulled over and the kids went nuts. There was a tricked out Superman car - gorgeous paint job - and a very realistic looking 1960's Batmobile. These things were in great condition.
The kids wanted pictures with the cars so I pulled out my camera, then the owner came over. He took my camera - I was thinking I wasn't allowed to take pictures, instead he insisted I go stand with the kids so he could take a bunch of pictures with ME in there too. Er. Ok. I don't know what I am going to do with these. Hang them on the wall and title them 'Family portrait in front of the Batmobile'?

Just as we were about to leave guess what drives up? Kitt from Knight Rider! I thought it was neat, but clearly showing a generational gap - the kids were like WHO CARES. I made the mistake of telling them that it was a talking car (er this one was just a replica) so they sat and waited for the damn thing to talk to them. No dice.It was pretty cool to run into these cars by chance. The only problem is now the Baby is INSISTENT that "Why do we have a van?? Why can't you drive a Batmobile Mommy!?!" Sorry kid, I don't think two car seats will fit in the Batmobile.

More classic superhero car pictures, here.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

OpenID discotrash said...

i love the photo of the two of them looking at kit. lol

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The picture of them waiting for Kitt to talk is a riot...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It probably was THE Batmobile. George Barris has it in his collection...very close to my house http://www.barris.com/gallery_cars/TV_MovieCars/gallery_batmobile.html

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

awkwardfamilyphotos.com?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

You had a secret crush on David Hasselhoff...didn't you?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:53:00 PM  
OpenID 12ontheinside said...

Oh too cool. I so want a KITT!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home