Saturday, June 20, 2009

Driving a hybrid

Every meal that I serve the kids, always has one veggie and one fruit on the plate as sides. Right now stone fruits are at their peak. The Farmer's Markets are bursting, and while it seems normal to me, I'm sure that's not the case around the rest of the country. We are lucky to have spectacular fruit year round, but right now some of the...not so well known ones, are coming out.

I've been seeing these everywhere Watermelon Pluots. If you don't know what a pluot is, it's a combo of a plum and an apricot. Now they've gone and made them watermelon flavored. Huh. Go figure. The Baby aka Fruit Bat, ate up TWO of these bad boys in minutes flat. It was all I could to do to wrestle the pit away from him. Apparently they were good. I couldn't tell you since I didn't get any.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

well when you do, let us know. cause I'd like to try that and the yellow kiwi.

Saturday, June 20, 2009 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Oh my goodness I want one!

Saturday, June 20, 2009 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

These look amazing!!!! i want one too!!!!

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home