Monday, June 22, 2009

Duck! Rabbit!

I told you before...I win things. Waaayyy more than a normal person. Which is why I enter everything. This week has been no exception. I won a big honor, to be revealed later in the week, but today, I got something awesome too.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal is an author who's played a big part in our lives. We own all of her books, and when the Kid was first learning to talk, we would read Little Peaand he would repeat the words back to me. It remains THE bookthat I buy for all new moms.

Well Amy has a new book out called Duck! Rabbit!and was holding a contest - as long as the book stayed on the best seller list she'd call one child for each of those weeks - and we were the lucky chosen ones! Can you believe it!?So Sunday night, my phone rang...and the kids were treated to the one and only Little Pea, as read by the author herself AND she and I read Duck! Rabbit! together!

I was probably more excited than they were, since the kids were wondering whose voice was coming out of the phone - but it was definitely a moment to remember.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

I saw Duck Rabbit recently at A Paper Affair in Vestavia Hills, AL. They wanted $22.99 and with 2 1/2 twins still.in.diapers. i opted out, but would so love the fun book. Maybe I will check Ebay! How fun!

Monday, June 22, 2009 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I need to get Em Duck Rabbit. We read Little Pea to her all the time, so thanks again for giving to her. :)

"Candy! Blech!"

Monday, June 22, 2009 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

What a lucky family!! That sounds great!!!!

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Ally said...

What a great treat!

Monday, June 22, 2009 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

the kids will really love that when they grow up. I'm glad you can love it now:).

my all time gift book is the monster at the end of the book with loveable furry ol' grover. no matter what, giggles guaranteed. and surprisingly no ripped pages.

Monday, June 22, 2009 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

ah, lucky you!!
the first time i brought the book home from work my son didn't like it and said it was "creepy"! he didn't like the fact that the duck and rabbit look the same - haha!!

Monday, June 22, 2009 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger frogknits said...

Thanks for posting the details of the contest. I can't believe it but I won! Tom Lichtenheld, the illustrator is going to read to my kids. I'm so excited!

Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home