Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Louie, Louie

When I was younger - MUCH younger (sniff) - I worked on 7th Street downtown. I loved it. I felt like a grown up, dressing up for work, heading into the office - there's a certain hustle and bustle on 7th that makes you feel, well - downtown. Things have changed on 7th, places have shuttered, it's not as lively - but I still get that feeling whenever I head down there.

Hopefully, the city is getting back on it's feet. I have been waiting for Bottega Louie to open up, touted as a West Coast Dean and Deluca, well pardon me - this I have to see. Not quite, but it is certainly something. A patisserie/market restaurant in a high ceiling marble palace. It's lovely. Really. And the food is EXCELLENT. The acoustics...not so much.
On one of our last season trips to the opera, my mom and I went for brunch. The food was amazing, perfectly done - but I couldn't hear a word she said. I felt this din in my head that rang for hours. However, the food, it's the food, see?! Gorgeously prepared, the marketplace area is where I'd like to focus most of my time, next visit. Prepared foods, desserts to die for - can I just say, the chocolate eclair (and I am particular about eclairs) made me want to come back the very next day. Not to mention the macarons. I've tasted every one in this city, and these are right on par.I have to say, right after we ate there...I went back a few days later! Yikes. It was that good. The prepared sandwiches were amazing!! With a bar open until 11pm, it's wonderful for downtown, in a great location. I hope it stays there for many years to come, as I would visit it weekly. It's a beautiful place with awful noise and parking, but the food...oh the food....

More Bottega Louie pics, here
.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Ohhhhhh! This looks great!!! I can't wait to go myself. Those desserts look amazing.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:24:00 AM  
Anonymous mperez1999 said...

Macarons, yum. I can't stop drooling at the picture.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i went with my mom for the first time last week, too. i agree--the food is really good. too bad the acoustics (and service for us) sucked hardcore.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I am not being a picky b - but I don't think you want people to think you've tasted everyone.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

LOL at the last comment!!!!

Love the look of this place...the desserts are just beautiful! If I wasn't preggers and still working, I'd be so there! Thanks for the pics!

*wiping drool*

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home