Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Otto: Nice fish, Ken. You know what Nietzsche said about animals? "They were God's second blunder."

For those of you who DO love fish, this is a super quick - easy recipe that I make all the time, Lemon Browned Butter Roughy. I made it up when I was trying to get rid of all those lemons. It's fast, and tasty. Unless you don't like fish of course, then it's god awful.

I like to pair it with lemon spaghetti, which is from the Giada cookbook Everyday Italian: 125 Simple And Delicious Recipes For Dinner Tonight. If she can make it with her little T-rex arms, so can you. This recipe is SO simple and flavorful, I tend to fall back on it as a side dish about once a week. If I'm lazy, we just eat it as our main course. It really ticks the Baby off since there's no meat in it, but the Kid and I enjoy it.

After doing my own personal Iron Chef: Lemons, I feel like I should challenge myself again. But what is in season? Hm...Browned Butter Roughy recipe
Lemon Spaghetti recipe

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

What if I was avoiding white flour? Any suggestions on what to use instead? Whole wheat flour? If I skipped the honey would it be less flavorful?

I'm desperate for new ways to cook the two things I'm eating (protein and veggies).

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

You can skip the honey and the flour. Yes, it will be less flavorful, but if you are looking for flavor and less calories I wouldn't go for a butter recipe anyway - make this instead:

http://justjennrecipes.com/giadas-baked-salmon/2007/07/17/

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

t-rex! HA! a few of my friends and me call her that. maybe if you tell the baby a t-rex made it he'd eat it even more happily.

making fun aside, a lot of her recipes are good. your fish one sounds good, too.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger ib73 said...

Jen, as usual this looks delish. Do you think it will work with whiteing? Hey, don't look at me like that I'm poor.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@ib73 I think any white fish will do but I got four filets for $2.50. Hm, why so cheap. Maybe they were radioactive...

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Looks yummy and I will definitely give it a try.

Can't wait to see what you do with cherries as I have an assload in the fridge (they were on sale).

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous MostlyMartha said...

I am still laughing at the "T rex arms." This made my night!

Sunday, June 07, 2009 4:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home