Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rob the jewelry store and tell 'em to make me a grill

I have to tell you. I love the Neelys'. Maybe it's the slow jams cut in on the ones and twos that they play as backround music. I know a lot of people don't like their personalities, but their food? Yeah, that's my kind of cooking. They do seem very much in love. Sometimes a little too much and you're like, damn are you gonna get it on or make some cornbread, yeesh!

Our family is straight up Southern (Southern Californian, that is), so I knew some BBQ was in order for a Sunday dinner. All of the Neely recipes seem easy to follow and VERY party friendly - meaning quick and to the point. Granted, I took their idea of tropical bbq ribs, but I changed the ingredients a little so that I could try it out in the crock pot. Hey, I'm a woman on the go, I don't have time to be sittin' over a hot grill.They were flavorful, slow roasted and fall off the bone soft. I'm going to have to look into getting that Neely Southern Family Cookbook, but first I need to turn on some slow jams...

Tropical ribs for the crock pot recipe, here.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Babs said...

Yum! This might make it's way to my crockpot this Sunday!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Yeah, the Neely's drive me crazy and yet I would give them a kidney they are so cute.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:05:00 AM  
Anonymous kermit said...

wait, you're allowed to put ribs in the crock pot?! why did no one tell me this before, dammit!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home