Monday, June 15, 2009

Wee wee wee, all the way home.

So I had this grand idea of taking Ina Garten's biscuits and making them even chees-i-er. Then making them bacon-y. Then making them into piggies. I don't know where I come up with this stuff either, honestly. It's all on the fly as I'm making dinner.

Ina's biscuit recipe is so simple, that adding ingredients is a breeze. Because the Baby loves bacon and the Kid loves cheese, I knew that the combo would make vegetable soup for dinner go down a little easier. I must have had pig/bacon on the brain cause the idea of making pig faces seemed to jump out at me.The kids LOVED not only the taste, but the faces, of course. Now they ask for 'pig biscuits' all the time, which kind of sounds disgusting.

Obviously these can be made just as simple circles, but now I am trying to think of other animals to make. Cheesy monkeys? Bacon-y wildebeasts...?

Cheese + Bacon Piggie Biscuits recipe

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

These are crazy cute. Love the olive noses and eyes.

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger thatShortChick said...

genius! you're so creatively brilliant!

what's the side dish paired with the biscuits?

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Houstongurly said...

For the record, I love your blog... I read it all the time!

This post got me, though. I thought it said "pig FECES"! OMG! I had to read it like four times. :)

So sorry, but I figured you could get a laugh out of it, too. lol

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

I call my little girl Piggy and her twin brother an ever changing variation of brother....buster...buster brown...mustard..and right now brother brown. I need to make them Piggy biscuits! We are Southern - they love biscuits!

Monday, June 15, 2009 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I thought of you this weekend 'cause I made blueberry & banana pancakes, which were delicious but not much to look at. If I were JustJenn, I thought, I'd shape this breakfast into farm animals or my favorite South Park characters or something. Instead they were misshapen blobs... which is how I felt after eating several portions of 'em.

Monday, June 15, 2009 4:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Haha absolutely gorgeous stuff! LOVE it! :D

Monday, June 15, 2009 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Megan{Feasting on Art} said...

Oh how cute!! Look at their little noses!!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:23:00 AM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

What an awesome idea! Adorable!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home