Thursday, June 25, 2009

You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record, baby

The Kid has NOT been feeling well, so he's been out of school a few days here and there. Since he was off with me I decided to take him and O.G. downtown to the Japanese American Museum. Due to budget cuts and a poorly updated website, no one told me that they are not open Monday. Tuesday...or Wednesday. Lovely. Stupid recession.

So we went to go get noodles. Man, was I in the mood for noodles. We stood there promptly at 11am when they opened. They didn't. We waited til 11:30. Still nothing. After another hour of waiting they said they probably weren't going to open AT ALL. That was it. I was near weepy after a hellish week.

So the Kid begged me to go the sushi train. "Please Mommy...PUHLLEEASE." I do not believe in giving into children's whiny whims. However, I was tired, hungry and downright ticked. So sushi train it was. It's not really a sushi train, just a bunch of sushi that goes around on a conveyor belt, but to a 5 year old it's like a freakin' Amtrack.Here's the thing. I don't eat sushi. Nor does the kid, or O.G. for that matter. As you can see our plates are mostly edamame, cucumber salad and inari (just rice). Thus making us the worst asians ever. I wanted to take a picture of the sushi chef, because the look on his face was pure disappointment in us. Sorry, we don't eat raw fish. Hey - at least we were paying customers! That place was dead-er than dead on a weekday.

In the end the Kid and O.G. were happy and satisfied. Meanwhile I was left hungry and still ticked off. I only had cucumbers for lunch for god's sakes. Luckily the mochi store was right next door....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jami said...

You should watch Ramen Girl and the original, Tampopo! Talk about noodles!

Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

So, I have had the "Spin me round" song stuck in head all morning and now I click over here and see it is the title to your post! How weird!?!

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger miranda said...

oh man i was just mowing on some daikokuya the other night!
where is the mochi store so i can check it out?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home