Monday, July 20, 2009

Fat Bastard: I ate a baby. Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner.

I spent the weekend making babies. Not like that, ew.

I made desserts for a baby shower - 50 cupcakes, 100+ cookies. Looking back I probably should have asked for help with prep work, but no one was available so I had to do it all on my own...

Usually I'm fine - I've had to do more than by myself before, but these particular items were VERY labor intensive.

Being the lame perfectionist that I am, it took longer than it should have. I made 'Sleeping Baby' cupcakes, neapolitan cookies and Burger Bite Cookies.

In typical Jenn-fashion, I went overboard and made little origami cups to hold the Burgers so they looked like they were wrapped. Ingenious! Except that I hate origami and I had to make 50 of them. Not so genius.

I think people get the most excited when they SMELL the baby cupcakes. It's that familiar sweet scent that people can't quite wrap their minds around. Yes, all the babies are sleeping under Starburst blankies that I rolled out by hand and no my arms may never be the same again. Ow.

Everything looked great when it was all laid out. Good luck to the parents-to-be!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

You really did go overboard this time but those baby cupcakes are absolutely the cutest things I've ever seen. I'm sure they will/were be a/a hit! I've had the hamburgers and honestly, that is the treat from heaven. I love those things!!!

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

This is incredible! You crazy...I love origami, sashimi and kaki!! Call me next time! - mary

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

wait a sec...you catering???

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:37:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

always remember it is better to look mavolous than it is to feel mavolous. at least it looks mavolous.

Monday, July 20, 2009 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Olivia's Mommy said...

Holy Crap...I hope you got some good money for your work. Great job!

Monday, July 20, 2009 4:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

They look beautiful!
Have you considered trying a pasta machine to roll out the starburst blankets?
Or do you think it would gum up?

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger aileen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://toddlergirls.net

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:39:00 AM  
Blogger Chocolate Shavings said...

Those are all adorable!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

Why starbursts? Why not fruit roll ups? You could cut out several blankets at once.

Friday, July 24, 2009 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

You are insanely creative! Wow!

Monday, July 27, 2009 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home