Thursday, July 30, 2009

glen...DALE!

Navigating through Glendale is like being punched in the boob. It leaves you feeling achy and confused. I don't know what it is but getting around I feel like my GPS's bitch - just tell me where to turn cause I have no clue. Perhaps I was disoriented because of the heat. It was 83 degrees, and I had just come from my house at the beach where it was 69. Sixty. Nine. That's a big difference.

I had very good reason to go out there though, I invited myself over to a friend's house. I know, rude - right? But she was going to show/inspire me with the wonder of her letterpress. In exchange I brought her cupcakes. Even steven? Maybe not.

I'm big on inspiration, and seeing different processes, and seeing what others create really gets my ideas flowing.

Since she is having her second baby we sat in the lovely patio, and laughed at how 'easy' having a newborn was. We thought it was so hard back then. Things just get harder, in a different way. I'm very excited for her growing family - I miss those days of being pregnant and having a newborn. It sounds stupid but life was so much simpler then.

I said goodbye and headed back down the freeway to the beach. Watching the thermometer slowly tick back down...to sixty nine.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I recently went out to San Marino. I watched my car's themometer go from 70 to 74 to 80 to 84 to 88 to 94!

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Ha! You westsiders are so spoiled.

Your visit was fun and thank you for the cupcakes AND Tito's Tacos! You know the way to a pregnant girl's heart.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Dawn C. said...

I know how this goes. I work near a beach city but live in the Valley. It is TWENTY! degrees hotter at home. Ugh.

P.S. Giggled at the post title/reference. :)

Friday, July 31, 2009 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home