Wednesday, July 29, 2009

He ask how I do like that, fit my jeans over baby phat

My MIL's biggest pet peeve with me is that I don't make meals with rice. Scratch that. Her biggest pet peeve is that I am fat. But anyone bigger than a size 4 is fat to her.

True, I don't make much rice, but there is one rice dish the kids adore, that is Inari Sushi. Here's how pathetic I am. I didn't know that was the name of it til like last year. We ate it as kids and O.G. always called them FOOTBALLS, cause that's what they looked like. Our entire family has called them that my whole life! How lame. Worst. Asians. Ever.

Anyway, it seemed like something I could make it at home, though I've never tried. OMG it is so damn easy. I can't believe I went all these years buying them. Now I just make them at home anytime the kids want!!

As far as me being fat, that's not going to change. I like ice cream.

Inari Sushi recipe

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I've always called them footballs too! However, my husband (also a 4th gen Japanese American) never heard that term until I called them that. And he's even more of a banana than I am!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

"As far as me being fat, that's not going to change. I like ice cream."

Best. Line. Ever. :-)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

we always call them footballs too. but we're chinese--does that count? i'm so lazy that i don't even prepare the rice vinegar, etc. the tofu is tasty enuf. and then i add a little furikake on top. yum!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger The Nix Family said...

So, my plan is to take the kids to Marukai for dinner one night this week to replicate that noodle/gyoza/fried rice meal and then buy all the ingredients needed to make these footballs over the weekend!

Wanna come?
-Denise

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger lindsay said...

My family always called them footballs too!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I should really avoid your blog when I am hungry.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger nt828 said...

I always liked making those on Cooking Mama lol =)

Monday, August 10, 2009 6:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home