Monday, July 27, 2009

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you, Ive been running round in circles in my mind

A week later, and I'm back from the Con! I have to say, this was the best one yet. It felt very smooth, I wasn't overly tired, no Con Flu (thanks, Purell) and there were so many amazing things to see. Lots of celebs walking the floor - Hiro (Masi Oka) stopped by Small Press and there were tons more.

Bad:No less than two attempts of stealing at my booth - one resulting in rudeness, the other in throwing my items back at me. Insanity.

Good: I got to spend a lot of time with friends I see only once a year, I got three roundabout job offers/opportunities while sitting there, and I came home with a lot less product. Some things even sold out, which means I can't rest and have to restock. A good problem to have.

Odd: I ran into Lou Ferrigno 3 times, who was staying at my hotel. Someone asked me if I was sharing a room with him, uh - no.

I had a lot of blog readers come by and they even brought me presents which was awfully nice, and they weren't ticking time bombs - thanks stalkers!

The biggest hit was the FREE Hello Kitty Wolverine buttons that I handed out. People came from all over just for those! Also I got to sit next to my favorite booth mates and got to watch her make her Beastlies in action. Truely adorable. Buy her stuff! She is amazing!Oddly enough, I really missed cooking and driving my car. Weird. Oh yeah, and my kids. Forgot about them. Of course I didn't. Like any good mom filled with guilt, I brought home a ton of junk for the kids to make sure that they still love me. It should last a week. Then I'll have to get creative.

But who cares, you just want to know who won the Hello Kitty pasta, right? Random Number Integer came up with #31 Kate and #1 Jennifer. Say, that is random. Congrats! Email me your address so I can send it right out!

Thanks for reading - more Con photos, here!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I can't believe people would try to steal from your booth. It's not like you're not sitting right there. Sheesh.

Monday, July 27, 2009 3:30:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm really disappointed I didn't make it down there this year. Next year, for sure, if for no other reason than to help protect your booth.

Monday, July 27, 2009 3:46:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

you know I even forgot about the giveaway. I was just thinking of the con. you should have totally gotten into Lou's face like Jason Seigal (sp) did in that movie. I'm sure that never happens to him and he'd never get tired of it.

Monday, July 27, 2009 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

OMG, now I want one of those Hello Kitty Wolverine buttons. Love it!

Monday, July 27, 2009 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hello Kitty Wolverine buttons? WHAT. I guess I should have bought something from you, huh? Damn. I'm glad it was great for you. I had a grand time, but I can't say it was the best one for me in the past 10 or so years. By far.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

and - thank you for the Jayne pic. and I always wanted to know what batman would look like if he had popsicles.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:07:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

This is the first year in six I haven't gone to Con, they freaking sold out in a couple days. ANYWAY, I would have stopped by for the button and you!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home