Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You said I wasn't your kind, only here for the ride

A few weeks back I had the pleasure of hosting two back to back playdates in my house. Six kids one day, three the next. All boys (plus one girl). Talk about crazy. That's a lot of kids. The sure fire way to get children to come together and play? Thomas trains and lots of them.
Luckily (or not) my house has every Thomas Train ever made. With all this inspiration around I knew Thomas cupcakes MUST be made.

I made the faces out of fondant, quite pleased with myself til the Kid cried "WHERE'S THE BLUE. THOMAS IS BLUE." Er. I'm out of fondant, Kid. So I made some red velvet cupcakes but dyed them...blue. Works for me.The kids adored them and ate all that fondant and mostly left the cake. GROSS. The mommies all ate the cake and left the fondant. SMART.

After the cupcakes, like any good hostess, I sent the kids home with their moms to deal with the inevitable sugar meltdown. It'd be funny except I still was left with my own two kids to deal with. Dammit, can I get a Nanny up in here?!? Eventually the downhill crash began and they finally fell asleep - dreaming of sugary Thomas faces staring at them, I'm sure. Creepy.

Thomas Train fondant how-to, here.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

Good thing I didn't open this one with the twins present. My boy is PETRIFIED on TTT. He is the only kid in the world who hates him.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

My nephew (obsessed with Thomas) is having a birthday in a few weeks. I'm totally sending this to my sister.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger The Nix Family said...

I ate the fondant AND the cupcake. And it was totally worth of every gram of sugar! Thanks!

-Denise

Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Josefin said...

Oh my! My kid would LOVE this!

Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Do you think half an oreo would work instead?

Friday, July 24, 2009 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger joanh said...

omg. i seriously have to laugh out loud at this post. yes, i think thomas is creepy and my kid would probably eat all the fondant

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Buck said...

Really effective info, lots of thanks for the article.
check

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home