Friday, August 07, 2009

Can you hear them?
They talk about us
Telling lies, well that's no surprise

There have been some serious, serious health issues around here. So much so that I bet my pediatrician will be able to afford a Porsche just from my $20 co-pays. Sheesh.

One of the major things that happened - the Baby's ear fell off. You think I'm joking. But it was all Van Gogh up in this mutha.

No one can figure out how it happened, just 'excema gone wrong' which sounds like the worst made for tv-movie ever. His ear was so dry it actually cracked and PEELED OFF OF HIS SKULL, almost flopping off of his head. Go ahead and puke, I almost did.

I had to TAPE the ear to his head until we made it to the doctor. Even the doctor looked a little sick to her stomach!! That kid, he feels no pain. He never complained and I suspect we went a full week not even knowing there was a problem, which is how it got so bad.

Now he is doing fine thank goodnes. Through it all, he never stopped being entertaining. Just listen to him explain this chart to me at the doc's office. I'd turn the sound up if I were you, you might learn something.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Chessie said...

Oh my God! I'm so glad he's okay!

Friday, August 07, 2009 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Smart boy!

Friday, August 07, 2009 3:34:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Understanding the digestive system is one of the major facts of life that most people don't ever get. Your kid is brilliant.

Friday, August 07, 2009 4:05:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

So THATS how that works...I had no idea...thanks buddy!

Friday, August 07, 2009 5:12:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

...gag...Will he split off, reproduce from that piece of ear and you'll have another kid?

Glad he's doing better.

Friday, August 07, 2009 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, now I'll be terrified that my ear might fall off since I know now that it's possible.

Friday, August 07, 2009 8:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn C. said...

Aww, poor little guy, yet adorable!

And I love that t-shirt he has on!

Friday, August 07, 2009 8:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Oy!

Friday, August 07, 2009 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

My immediate family members all work in hospitals, so I'm glad that all of those years of telling nasty stories at the dinner table finally paid off, especially since I was in the middle of my lunch while reading this post. Ew! And I am SO glad you had a Band-Aid on that freaky ear in the photo. I don't think I could have survived the uncensored version.

But, glad to hear he's okay and that he knows what happens to apples. I also like the copy of "Everybody Poops" in the background. Classic!

Friday, August 07, 2009 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Holy crap! That's so bizarre.

Friday, August 07, 2009 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Eeek! (And Darlene's comment made me laugh.)

Friday, August 07, 2009 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Poor baby! I hope he's all better. Those co-pays are the devil. Especially when you have a little one.

LOVE the video. That's one smart cookie you have there.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Good God! Glad he's doing well. What a trooper! Now I have to go check my daughter's ear.

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

OMG, Jenn. I'd never heard of something like that. I'll be sure to drench my kids' ears in lotion today. It was because it was so dry? He didn't cut it or anything?

I'm glad he's ok.

Love the video!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I pick the worst times to be away!!!!!!!!

Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home