Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dwight: Mr. Peanut is not classy. He is a regular peanut who happens to have a cane, monocle and a top hat.
Michael: That's what makes him classy.

This is called playing with fire. I am back on my peanut butter craving, which means stealth operations so the kids won't know.

Most kids loved peanut butter and jelly but for me, I like peanut butter and honey. I'm sure it has something to do with my incurable sweet tooth, but there is something really delicious about the nutty and the gooey sweet that goes so well together.

I was going through the great Martha Stewart's Cupcake book. Why? I have to tell you - I'm throwing ANOTHER SHOWER! So I was looking for some inspiration and saw a cute little bee/Honey cupcake. Sounded great. Er. I have to say. I wasn't pleased with them so I altered the recipe to punch it up. In any case, the topping I thought would be best was a peanut butter/honey combo. So I made up some frosting and tadahh, yumminess. The crumbled peanut butter cookies on top didn't hurt either.

Since my kids can't try it, I guess I'll just have to eat them all by myself. Too, too bad.

Honey Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

OMG you just gave me a super delectable cupcake idea...chocolate cupcakes with a little bit of that frosting inside...squeeeee!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Yup, that is next on my agenda, too!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

just got her book yesterday in the mail. CANNOT wait to try some of the recipes. i'm a newbie when it comes to baking...what's the diff btw cake flour and all purpose? hmmm...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:58:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

Yummy Jenn, I used to eat peanut butter and honey sandwhiches growing up. I can always help you polish off what's left of these.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Damn it. I came here hungry again! And peanut butter is one of my weaknesses.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@lilsprinkles The difference between cake flour and AP is protein count. I'm sure there is a wiki on it somewhere or something, but in the end, cake flour gives a more tender soft cake. I wouldn't advise using one for the other, although substitutions are possible if you run out of something...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger gorillabuns said...

i want to know more about the little plate. i LOVE IT!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger EL said...

i love peanut butter and i love the office. awesome post lol.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I've always loved peanut butter and apples. may have to try something with that. but I always seem to just eat them plain. can't make it to the baking part.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home