Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Every moment frontin' and maxin', chillin' in the car they spent all day waxin'

Summer Farmer's Markets are the best. It's warm and there's something refreshing about fresh fruit at your disposal.

Also a win in this heat? Aguas Frescas. Lordy are they delicious despite my health code doubts when it comes to giant vats of anything, they sure are refreshing and the kids love them.

The Baby had a doctor's appt so we had a nice lunch of Pupusas and Strawberry Lemonade. The Baby begged and begged for Pluots. If you remember the last time, those Watermelon Pluots were gone in a second.

I bought him Apple flavored ones which he declared 'Yuck.' So to our surprise THIS was in season:Cotton Candy Pluots. What. He said these weren't as good as the Watermelon ones, but these did get the Baby stamp of approval. Still. Again I wouldn't know. I didn't even get a bite.

Even though I don't like the heat, I kind of don't want summer to end.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lilsprinkles said...

omg. i LOVE pupusas! do you know of a good place? my favs are the squash and been/cheese. oh, please tell me if you know of a place near me!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Love this whole meal. It is my usual! :)

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

awww man, I wish I could get fancy flavored pluots...

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

my local torrance farmers market has the best pupusas!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home