Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How could you be so Dr. Evil, you're bringing out the side of me that I don't know

I don't know what it's like to sell drugs, but I do know what it's like to smuggle contraband into the house - frisk me and you'll probably find peanut butter. The kids will never see it, and when they are at school that's when the baking begins. It smells so good. Am I high right now?

I rarely make recipes from cookbooks, but when I do I expect SUCCESS. I don't know why I have such high expectations. It's because these things are published, therefore they should be perfect. So when things don't go quite right, I can't understand it, but there is ALWAYS a way to fix things...I'm talking about ugli-ness.I got the The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook - Peanut Butter & Co. makes great tasting peanut butter, and it is also one of those typical New York specialty restaurants that are too cute to pass up. In the cookbook is a recipe for these gorgeous brownies, that have a peanut butter brownie topping.

They tasted fantastic, but in no way did they look as cute as the pic in the book. So I did the next best thing and salvaged the ugliness by cutting them into hearts with a cookie cutter THEN filling them with softened homemade vanilla ice cream. Oh yeah. That more than saved them it made them about ten times more appealing.

Sometimes failure is delicious...Peanut Butter Heart brownies with vanilla ice cream

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

Just for the record, I thought they were pretty just the way they were, and I ate mine in the car on the way home. Yummy!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Dawn C. said...

The heart shape says it all: LOVE these!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger WakeGrace said...

i think they look amazing. i need to try and make these.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home