Thursday, August 06, 2009

If you're blue and you don't know where to go to why don't you go where fashion sits

Tacos are a big deal around here. We're Mexican like dat. Given the chance I'd eat them for every meal of every day. There are plenty of great taquerias around here and O.G. has announced that Taco Bell is her favorite. There is a disturbance in the Force. I'm convinced that this is the beginning of mental illness. She is on this new kick of only liking Americanized ethnic food and suddenly Taco Hell is the shiz, I guess.

Not for me, no way no how. I like to eat home-style Mexican food and if I can't buy it, I'll make it. When I came across this beef at Trader Joes, I was intrigued. It's already sliced thin, chopped almost. I knew it's be really easy to cook and perfect for tacos.

This is really the lamest recipe ever since there's nothing to it, but I will tell you I also tried this new 3 pepper salsa from TJ's and my word is that stuff good.

I'm sorry if these aren't as GOOD as Taco Bell tacos (it's 100 times better), but maybe O.G. would go for them if I dress the Baby up like a dog.

Carne Asada Tacos recipe

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Looks great. Presliced meat for tacos. Awesome.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Maybe O.G. has gotten like my great-grandmother used to be when I was growing up - she always ordered plain vanilla ice cream.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:24:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

When will I learn to never come over to your site when I am famished.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous LazyLA said...

I have a friend who moved to Mexico and constantly bemoaned the absence of Taco Bell. No joke. She's lived there a few years and The Bell is still her first stop when she gets back to the states.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 6:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home