Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is the last song I will ever sing...

Ok. This is it. The LAST baby shower I will ever throw. Honest. No one else I know is planning to have a baby so I am done, done. Er, I think...?

My brother and his wife are having a baby and of course I volunteered, this being my first chance at being an aunt. Whee! Finally I won't be the ONLY ONE who has kids in this damn family. The shower is a combo of families which only screams nightmare to me, but whatever, I'm trying to just get this done as smoothly as possible.

When I had a baby my Aunt put a duck on the invite. Big. Freakin'. Mistake. First of all - I hate ducks (birds). Therefore it was my worst nightmare, when all the guests decided 'oh hey, there's a duck on the invite, let's buy Jenn ALL DUCK RELATED BABY ITEMS.' Oh hellz no.

I am much kinder than that, so I purposefully designed the invite by drawing a variety of colors and flowers. She's having a boy, so guests will be on their own to figure out how this theme fits in to their gift buying experience. Heh. Suckers. My sisinlaw will thank me later, believe me.

Now that the invite is done, I've been madly sketching favor and food ideas. We'll see how this all comes together in a month or so...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

um.... hello. donkies? mules? burros? don't tell me O.G. planted the seed for naught!

Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Hurray! Another party! I love seeing what you come up with. Love the invite. Quack, quack. ;-)

Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home