Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Transform and roll out!

In addition to my calling of designing buildings and sometimes tombstones, I found a new job as director of operations of my own toy hospital, specializing in Transformers. The position is around the clock and also unpaid, so it kind of sucks. Not ideal.

The Baby, who honestly has been an insanely good child lately - has taken to showing off his brute strength by...breaking things. He's not doing it maliciously (as far as I can tell) I think he is just exploring how things are put together. This is what I like to tell myself instead of calling a psychologist.

My first major surgery was on Darth Goofy. Poor Darth Goofy. His arms popped right off. Both of them. Not just once, but THREE times. That poor bastard probably quakes in his boots every time naptime is over.

But worse off are the Transformers. Now when I was growing up, Transformers were made of metal filled with lead that would probably kill you HOWEVER there was no possible way you could destroy them.

These days they are so cheap and flimsy I don't really blame the Baby for asking me to fix them. I've become the master of the Transformer. {Bumblebee car. Bumblebee robot.} {Bumblebee car. Bumblebee robot.} No problem. But Sideways....I'm sorry buddy. I'm going to have to call your time of death. I've been trying for a week but there's no hope. (I have no idea why there is a stack of poker chips in the back of that picture.)

Running a toy infirmary is hard work, but mostly it is sad to see the good ones go. Don't laugh too soon Power Rangers, I'm sure you're on deathwatch.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

The Baby sounds like a very normal child to me. Well, except for that part about being insanely good...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:29:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

my son has a friend who has a whole collection of transformers that look like that.. and he doesn't even care- he just loves that they're transformers... :P
some of those transformers are wickedly difficult to transform...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

I remember my brother's metal transformers back in the day. plastic? call a code.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger EL said...

i visited disneyland recently, broke darth goofy wasnt cheap huh!?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

I almost pee'd my pants reading this post...

FYI - I'm the oldest friend of the Night Baker in your baking posse.... I spent some of Friday @ work reading your blog and laughing loudly at O.G.'s antics....I plan to keep reading :-) Hope the notecards are selling well....I need to get me some of them!

Monday, August 24, 2009 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home