Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do or do not...there is no try.

When Kindergarten started, the teacher talked about how one kid would excel and be picked to be the Star Student. I listened to the speech but didn't think anything of it. Guess who got picked to be the first one after just two weeks of school? That's right. The Kid! Ha. I laughed because I should have seen it coming. That boy is just a GOOD kid. He listens, and just loves school work. So yay, him.

He had a bio to fill out and when it asked where his favorite place was (Disneyland) and what he wanted to be when he grew up (an artist) it gave me pause because those are the EXACT things I wrote down when I was his age. Yikes.

As far as his school lunch there have been no new incidents of complaint regarding the menu, thank god. I've got enough problems without more complaints. DONE WITH COMPLAINTS everyone, thanks. So I've been trying to change it up, seeing what works and what comes home a soggy mess. Ew. Nothing like old warm food remnants. Blech.

I've been taking pictures of his lunch to amuse myself, only because the Yoda on the lunch pail looks super serious about his meal. It cracks me up. Here's Yoda and his balls. His MEAT balls.

These were leftovers from dinner and worked out well for lunch too. The Kid liked them so add one to the WIN column for me and Yoda.

The Kid has really taken to Kindergarten and loves studying - makes me wonder what he'll grow up to be. Hopefully not an unemployed designer-mother of two. Then again - that's...not...possible. Hm.

Brown Sugar Meatballs recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger EL said...

Aww I remember those posters! Can that be my homework and can that be my lunch please too!? Are your Kids friends jealous of his fab meals? Way to go =)

Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Your title was totally my FB status last week!

Does he eat cold meatballs, or does the STAR get to use a microwave?

Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Yoda's balls.
Too funny.
The Kid is YOUR Kid, huh? D-land and artist! Too funny.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

but what is his one wish?

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Just got back from H's school night... she apparently loves hamburgers and wants to be a mommy when she grows up. (She is also Student of the Week this week!)

Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Bruno said...

Very worthwhile piece of writing, thank you for this article.
cropped tops | business casual women | demolition

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home