Thursday, September 10, 2009

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Hm. Could I possibly get through one week accident free? Nope. Not a chance. I feel bad about this one though. I forced O.G. to leave the house 'cause she seemed depressed. I told her we could just go out for ten minutes and I'd take her to get donuts. OF COURSE the freakin' donut place was closed, however she didn't want to go home. So I just kept driving her wherever she wanted to go, the post office. Target. The bank. Until FOUR HOURS LATER, we found ourselves at the mall.

We got out of the car and we were walking across a mall traffic lane, when I heard a *BOOM* and turned around only to see her LYING FACE DOWN IN THE STREET. Holy crap - I screamed, I swear. She'd decided to 'run' because a car was coming. (Uh - it was a good 40 feet away, going 2 miles an hour, but ANYWAY...) She'd tripped over a speed bump and fell face first into the pavement. Good god.

Now, she is 88 years old see, and I thought she was dead. She looked it. Cars were coming, but I couldn't lift her. I dunno, I am a weak ass, and she only weighs 100 pounds but I guess since it was all dead weight it was impossible for me to move her. So this guy jumped out of his car and dragged her to the side of the road. We sat there for a good 30 minutes, until she felt ok. She refused to let me take her to Emergency.

She went to the doctor the next day and the doctor said she was very, very lucky. This all sounds awful, but believe it or not she came out of it mostly unscathed, just slightly bloodied and a little sad. Now I'll never get her out of the house, I'm sure. All of this leads to one thing: Gary Sinise, of course.

~later in the day, after her fall~
O.G.: "Let me reenact my fall for you."
Jenn
: "NO THANKS. It's like a goddam C.S.I. episode."

O.G.
: "OH! My
favorite actor is in that!
Jenn
: "What! Who?"

O.G.
: "You know. The guy who was in Of Mice and Men."

Jenn
: "Lon Chaney!?!"

O.G.
: "No, no, the recent version with John Malkovich."

(looking on my iPhone)

Jenn
: "imdb tells me you mean...GARY SINISE."

O.G.
: "YES! He is my FAVORITE actor!"

Jenn
: "What? Since when. What else has he been in that you've even seen? imdb says here...REINDEER GAMES."

O.G
.: "No! There's been more. He is a brilliant actor!!"

Jenn
: "Oh...Forrest Gump."

O.G
. (nearly yelling) "YES! FORREST GUMP! WASN'T HE BRILLIANT IN THAT?!"

Jenn
: "Yes I truly believed he had no legs. Maybe he shouldn't have had legs in Reindeer Games either."

O.G.
: "He is my favorite actor!!!"

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger xtena said...

omg, i would've freaked out. glad she's good. she's a strong lady.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger traan said...

how scary! glad that's shes ok. maybe it's time to move her in! :)

Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

The same thing happened to my grandma when we went out to sushi a while back - she tripped on the little bumper things that stop cars from going past their parking spot. I'm glad she's okay and that she didn't break anything!

Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

holy cow! poor OG and your poor heart- it must have skipped quite a few beats!
glad everything is ok!!

Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

Scary Jenn, I too am glad she is okay. Enough of all this though, you need some peace.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger THE ACTORS DIET said...

eek! i'm freaked out reading about it!

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

O.(M)G.!!! I'm glad she's okay.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger willikat said...

So glad OG is OK. Also, I've always found Gary Sinise kinda hot. Weird.

Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i'm glad to hear she's okay...

Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger calisara said...

Thankful that OG is ok! What a scary moment.

The conversation afterwards is hilarious. She's one funny lady.
And with Gary's linkage, you'd think he'd have more popularity this week on imdb... tell OG to get on there, and pimp her favortite actor (!!!).

Friday, September 11, 2009 12:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Cassi said...

I'm so glad she's okay - very scary for both of you! I love Gary Sinise as well, go figure:)

Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home