Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

You know I hate bananas. I really really do. Just looking at them sitting on my counter annoys me. But my kids LOVE them and in an effort to come up with as many recipes as possible for the Kid without chocolate or nuts, I knew I'd have to reach out to the banana and become friends. Or frenemies, who knows.

After many tries I came up with a cupcake recipe that I think I can stand. That doesn't sound very convincing, but let's just say I can eat these and enjoy them and everyone else in the universe that has tried them who LIKE bananas said they were divine. So there.

Recently these came along with us on another playdate, of course. And since I am the owner of a box of 100 cocktail monkeys and I don't drink (I know, I'm crazy) - they made it onto the cupcakes as little toppers.

This hasn't fully coverted me to being a banana-eater, I still give my bananas on the counter the stink eye as I walk past...

Banana Cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Gerta said...

How do I not own cocktail monkeys??? They are fantastic!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who hates bananas. I can't even have them in my kitchen 'cause the smell makes me ill :)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I like eating bananas until they start turning brown. But I can't stand anything flavored with the taste of banana. I'm pretty sure this means monkeys taste pretty horrible too.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:08:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba38 said...

Best toppers ever! I too despise banana's, I love you more each day!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nichi said...

Yup love the toppers... I HAD TO HAVE those monkeys for my wedding and now I have a slew of plastic monkeys and mermaids... great way to use them.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:59:00 PM  
OpenID lilsprinkles said...

oooh my daughter and i LOVE bananas. good idea in making cupcakes with the older bananas!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home