Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweet surrender, is all that I have to give

Cupcakes. The gift that keeps on giving.

I was walking through IKEA the other day for the first time in years, and I was inspired to make cupcakes. In the shape of a desk or a Sweeeedish lamp? No - I was in the food section and I saw these 'toffee laces'. I've never seen those before I've only seen licorice laces, I thought they'd make awesome bows to top a cupcake.

I sketched up some ideas and thought that since they were bows - the cupcakes looked like presents - therefore...I should fill them. Yum. So I hollowed out the cupcakes and filled them with delectable Dulce de Leche, topped them with fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting and a little edible toffee bow. And there you have it, the sweetest present ever.

I brought them to a friend who gave her stamp of approval as my 'best cupcakes to date'. Well. Fill anything with sweet delicious creamy caramelized sugar and I'm sure it's a win. But I'll take any compliment I can get.

I think these would be cute for a birthday - Oh! Or Christmas! Hm...

Dulce de Leche cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Yum, yum!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I recognized those IKEA toffee laces immediately! They seemed so cool but really didn't taste that good, I thought. Great cupcakes.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger lyndsay said...

oh man. pass me that jar of dulce de leche and a SPOON!! yum, those cupcakes look great! :)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous GatorGirl said...

I LOVE dulce de leche...send some of those little yummies my way!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Tav said...

I am really salivating now!! I think a great gift idea is a Food Hamper. They can be personalised and show thought has gone into the gift.

Friday, September 25, 2009 6:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home