Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vanna White ain't got nothing on me

When I see something in a store I'm one of those BUY IT NOW FOR LATER kinda peeps. I just know I'll think of a use for it somehow and I have a fear of regret that I may never see it again. Like the toffee laces and - well, Alphabet pretzels!

Are they the cutest ever? I saw them at a local diner and kept staring at them throughout my meal. I was thinking of all the uses for them. Maybe the kids could use them for learning, maybe I could put them in a dip or...

...use them as cupcake toppers! OH YES. Imagine the possibilities! Typical because they were pretzels some of them were broken and some of the letters were few and far between - Can I get an 'N' up in this mutha? Damn. No 'N's makes things hard.

So there I am standing in my kitchen trying desperately to spell out words in pretzels. Further proving that if I had my own reality show, people would be RIVETED. After a good 10 minutes I finally I got both the kids names spelled out in pretzels. Did I just write that sentence? Good lord my life is pathetic. In any case 10 minutes of pretzel hunting is a long ass time. I should have named them something short like 'AL', dammit. I also got a friend's baby's name (who I was taking the cupcakes to) and the words "HELLO" and "LOVE", always useful.

I put them atop a Chocolate Dulce de Leche cupcake, the idea being the salty would compliment the sweet. They came out pretty fun - now my ideas are endless. Must search out more boxes of Pretzel Letters. Looks like my to-do list is filled up.

Chocolate Dulce de Leche Cupcakes recipe

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

I love these pretzels. I would be riveted by watching you spell words with them, and I'd be right there with you. Wish I could find some here in NC!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I want to eat that.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger BentoForKidlet said...

Ooo yum! I love the alphabet pretzels! Too cute

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous kagemom69 said...

Then you dont want me to tell you that I can get a 2lb bag of these pretzels for $1.99 EVERYTIME I grocery shop then......cause here in Buffalo they are common lunch items for my kids. And by putting them on those cupcakes they are almost like eating a Take 5 candy bar.

Friday, October 02, 2009 2:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Lisanne said...

Where did you buy the alphabet pretzels? I would love to take those to preschool for the kids for a snack.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 6:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home