Thursday, September 17, 2009

Well, it's just a simple fact.
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it.

So, since we've reached another Thursday benchmark, let's check in. Has anyone gone to the hospital? No...! Has anyone taken a header in the middle of traffic? Uh, nope! Great! Ok, let's call the week a win and...hold up. What now?

Yeah so this week was fairly uneventful unless you count the fact that my credit card number got stolen. ARGH. Can I get a break up in here? It's like why steal from the one mofo who has no money? (That'd be me.) People who steal, are jerks. Whether it's stealing internet content, stealing a pack of gum, stealing cars, you are an a-hole.

Until this is resolved I have no credit card and since it is now cut up, I can't buy my kids shoes - and they JUST grew out of the ones I just bought! I'm glad they are growing, but man - I can't keep up. However you know what I can afford? $500 at a Nokia store in the midwest and $900 at a Babies R Us - 'cause that is what was charged to my credit card - and went through. Now I have to fight this crap to get my money back. Ugh.

What did I do since I was so stressed? Bake of course. I hung up with the credit card company and went straight into the kitchen. I made stew. I made cupcakes. And I made itty bitty cornbread muffins. So tiny a few of them fit into the palm of your hand. You know how long that takes? A LONG TIME. All that work relieved my stress, for sure - but I'm still broke. And some jerk in middle america is using a $500 cellphone and/or stroller courtesy of me. Phooey.

Tune in next week to see if my life gets better or worse. Until then, I'll be making cornbread like a maniac.

Sweet Cornbread Muffins recipe, here.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Terrible!
I read to keep your fingers over your card number when you swipe it through a machine in stores. Crooks can take a casmera phone pic of your #!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:54:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That stinks! I just don't understand what people think!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

So sorry to hear it. Hope things clear up with the credit card company.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Crooks do suck! Just take comfort in knowing that one day they will get their comeuppance.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

bad guys suck.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:03:00 AM  
Anonymous GatorGirl said...

I'm sorry! But take comfort in knowing that what goes around comes around....they'll get theirs one day!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

that happened to us! they were going to some kind of "massage" place. hmmm...my husband swears it wasn't him :)

Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:42:00 PM  
Blogger The Nix Family said...

Maybe they bought shoes you can use at Babies R Us?

Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:57:00 PM  
Anonymous JenniG said...

SUCK!!! That plain old sucks. But those muffins are stinkin' adorable.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:20:00 PM  
Anonymous lazylosangeles.blogspot.com said...

Don't worry--once you dispute the charges and close your account, credit card companies are pretty awesome about getting you your money back and fast. But you might want to check out your credit report just in case. Stealing credit card number=annoying; stealing identity=shit storm.

Was it a credit card you used online? That's usually how this stuff happens if the card is still in your possession. Also known to happen at restaurants because your server can write down your CC # and give it to a friend.

It's annoying, but you'll definitely get your money back.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger LaurenSmash said...

geez. how do people live with themselves? They can raise a kid on stolen money. That horrifies me. someone tried that with my # on a credit card I hadn't had in a long time and luckily my bank was like um, no and the charge didn't go through. good luck with everything!

Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:44:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

want me to go beat em up for you?

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home