Monday, September 14, 2009

You buggin'

The Kid is LOVING Kindergarten, and even asked to go on the weekend, which I find weird. But I'm not complaining, it's better than hanging on my leg and crying. Which is PLAYED OUT, thanks. I hope this love of school keeps up.

It figures, the school is a 'sugar-free zone' which means no cupcake making for me. BOO. Oh well, I just have to pass these things out in other places. The kids have been having a lot of playdates recently, which is really good for making new friendships - I think it is helping them get along in school.
For a recent playdate, all boys - I took the idea of the pretty flower pot cupcakes I made for the shower and I...uglied them up! When I bought the sugar flower, I also picked up a bunch of hideous bugs. I knew the boys would get a kick out of them because they were so gross. After I frosted the cupcakes, the kids sat down and helped me put the sugary bugs on top.

Even though they were supposed to be gross, they still turned out kinda cute. When you line them all up in a cupcake tray, they look like you've just pulled them in from the garden! These are GREAT for taking to a play date and having the kids help out. However, be warned that once those kids eat all those sugary bugs - they will be bouncing off the walls more than usual. Don't say I didn't warn you.

With all these playdates in our future, you'll probably be seeing A LOT more cupcakes around here... Our social calendar is filling up. Please call and make an appointment. We'll bring the cupcakes.

Bug Cupcake how-to, here.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I hate to tell ya, but those aren't uglied up at all! TOO CUTE!

Monday, September 14, 2009 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

Here in Texas we have the Safe Cupcake Amendment that was passed by Legislature in 2005. Cupcakes are protected just like the horny toad and bluebonnets. Cupcakes sans horny toads are permitted in schools.

Monday, September 14, 2009 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

You are more than welcome to pass those yummies out to me! ;-)

Monday, September 14, 2009 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I love these.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home