Friday, October 09, 2009

Come on, come on, let's stick together
You know we made a vow not to leave one another never

Every night after dinner I clear the table and the kids and I do art projects. I start them out, then usually look on while I do the dishes, I don't like to help them too much, I'd rather just see what they create on their own.

Sometimes it's cookie dough, or water colors - but usually it's just drawing. However on this particular night the Kid had asked me if he could go into my craft supplies. I pulled out a bin of buttons and beads and then I saw something I had forgotten about for years - a Xyron sticker maker. This turned out to be the best find EVER.

It was already loaded and ready to go - you just put in whatever you want to make into a sticker, a drawing, let's say - and you pull the paper out of the other end. TA DAH - you have a sticker! Once I showed the kids this trick the skies opened and they couldn't stop themselves. They drew their own pictures, wrote their names, whatever you could think of magically came out of the sticker machine.

I begged the Kid to draw something quick for me to photograph so I could make this how-to. He reluctantly agreed, 'cause he said he'd rather do his homework. HA - I'm a bad mom but a good blogger!
Of course now EVERYTHING has a sticker on it! The Baby's birthday is coming up and I'm thinking of buying a a bunch of these to keep the kids busy during the party. It's certainly fun and easy - and clean. You know how I am about the clean.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

yeah that's cool. where is the office love?

Friday, October 09, 2009 3:41:00 AM  
Blogger joanh said...

so fun! and they aren't as expensive as i thought.. i might have to pick one up.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home