Thursday, October 15, 2009

Darkness falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand,
creatures crawl in search of blood, to terrorize y'alls neighborhood

Yep, Halloween is coming up - I can tell by all the Christmas decorations at Target. So I got moving and got the boys their costumes. No, I don't sew their outfits, I could - but I know my stress limits, thank you very much.

The Baby wanted to be Flash and the Kid is going as some sort of Clone Trooper. I have no idea, I just can't relate to Clone Wars, nor can I understand why all the children in school think Anakin is the shiz. He grows up to be DARTH VADER, hello?? Then again, maybe that's it. Who knows.

I also made little treats for all the school kids, which seems to have doubled this year. I got fangs from Target - again, and some mini Tootsie pops. The kids are going to get so much candy anyway, why do they need more from us?

I like that the Kid is wearing his 'good shirt' in that picture. It was picture day at school - with the fangs it would have been funnier.

To get in the spirit I made some chocolate cupcakes and put some eyes on 'em to scare the beejesus out of the kids. It didn't, they just thought it was weird. Frankly, the thought of Halloween exhausts me. I'm in the mood to just sit on my couch with the porch light off. ~cranky~

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I suspect luck was involved when you took a picture of the Flash. Or quick timing on your part.

Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

No I told him to RUNNNN!!!

Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

i love those eyeballs!!

Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

"Halloween is coming up - I can tell because all the Xmas decorations at Target" - that has me laughing out loud! And yes, my son is going to be Anakin Skywalker this year. Now I'm scared.

Friday, October 16, 2009 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Cute treats, as always. Did you see the mini Halloween comics being offered this year by some of the big publishers? I got 30 issues(a mix of Star Wars, Casper, and Domo) for 6 bucks - pretty cool.

http://thefeltmouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/part-1-for-kids.html

Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:35:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

my favorite kid costumes (both homemade) were ruffio from hook - that wig was so fun to make, and captain planet. especially captain planet. no one knew who he was and so they'd be like "here you go green haired blue kid". years later I wish we'd tried the red shirt kid from the stranded bus south park. cause no one would have gotten it then.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home