Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Great Pumpkin

Every year I say I'm not gonna carve a pumpkin. Heck, I didn't even take the kids to pumpkin patch this year. But then, as always, a few days before Halloween...I can't help myself.

The Baby looooves Batman. And while I've done a Batman pumpkin in the past, it was more of a straight shot. This time I thought I'd challenge myself. What is wrong with me. Five minutes in and I was questioning my sanity. But I pushed through, cause I had a vision, see. Of a Batman in ACTION!I have a very specific process of how I do these, part of which involved punching the outline with a tip of a knife. I documented the process, here:

video

Why the Baby is yelling "AGUA AGUA AGUA" in the background is anyone's guess. The kid loves him some water? I dunno.

If you want to see the other pumpkins I've done in the past, or want to see the whole process of how to make your own, here are the links:

Pumpkin Carving how-to, here.
Ghosts of Pumpkins Past: ME, Peter Pan, Batman, Julius, Plex.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I've helped color that page before...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:35:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

would a tracing wheel work? i went to an architecture nerd pumpkin carving party last night, and we resorted to our utility knives. no one had a tracing wheel, unfortunately.

my husband wants that pumpkin. and he doesn't even like carved pumpkins. boys.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Very cool. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. It's so messy. Plus, no kids. I usually just keep one intact on the porch because I do love them so. Unfortunately, we picked the wrong farm to go to this year and the pumpkins were way overpriced. I just bought a tiny one. I may pick one up at Vons though. The Cal State Poly pumpkin patch had $5 or 5/$20 pumpkins! They were $14-$19 for one medium one at the place we went. Boo.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger willikat said...

wow. incredible!

Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home