Friday, October 30, 2009

Harris: Well, that's how L.A. coped with that surprise low of 58 degrees that turned the weekend into a real weenie shrinker!

O.G.: "I'm so fat I can't wear pants."
Jenn
: "That is ridiculous."

O.G.
: "I'm serious, nothing fits around my waist."

Jenn
: "How is that possible when you are 95 pounds??"

O.G.
: "I weigh 107 now."

Jenn
: "Wow, you are a fat ass."

O.G.
: "I told you."

Jenn
: "UGH."


So I took Fat Bastard out to breakfast, where she ate hers and half of mine. I guess that's how she gained the weight. Then we headed to Target to look for...snow gear. While it's true, she is planning on heading to a colder climate, she did find a jacket for "right now." After all, it IS a chilly 67 degrees here. Or in Los Angeles terms, Uggs and mini skirt weather. I wouldn't be caught dead in that though, no way. I'm waiting for it to dip all the way down to 65 so that I can wear my seasonal t-shirt+scarf winter ensemble.

Then we headed to Mattel Corporate headquarters. I've written about their discount store before (Hello Kitty Barbie!), it's spectacular. The prices are unbelievable. Most everything is 60%-80% off, and if you are in the market for Barbies...man, this is the place for you.O.G. bought the Baby a Batman toy for his birthday, retail: $40, she paid $16. And I got out of there with some Hot Wheels for just 40 cents.

Next week they open their 'Holiday Tent', which has even more bargains at even lower prices. You'd be shocked at some of the great stuff they have here, many of which are on a lot of kid's holiday wishlists, I'm sure.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

My comment isn't related to this post but I wanted to share with you one quick thing....I started following your blog a few months ago and now, because of you (and the fact that I have a 1 year old), I am addicted to making cupcakes. I made these yesterday for DD's school festival and am so pleased with how they turned out, I wanted to share. http://muffinsoven.blogspot.com/2009/10/channeling-martha-stewart.html
Thanks for your blog and recipes. They really brighten my day!
Colleen

Friday, October 30, 2009 5:56:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

I love the LA Story headline :-)

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

I've introduced new cupcake addicts (Colleen).....I wish I lived out there. It is getting cold here. Anything below 60 about kills me.

Friday, October 30, 2009 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

My grandma floats between 89 and 95 pounds. Once she goes past 92, she says she's getting fat. :\

When she weighs under 90, we bribe her with meals at restaurants. She eats twice the amount of food because she didn't have to cook it (which really means she can eat 1 whole pancake out of the stack of 3).

Your O.G. and my grandma should get together.

Monday, November 02, 2009 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home