Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shake it, don't break it, it took your momma 9 months to make it

I've started, um, throwing away the kid's art. Hey - don't judge, they do like 5 art projects a day AND then the Kid comes home and draws all night. I am flooded with art. When he becomes the next mini-Picasso I may cry, but for now I'm drowning in paper. The daycare teacher suggested I hide it and then go out back and burn it so they won't see. Uh...that's one way to get rid of it. Note to self: Don't invite the daycare teacher to a bonfire.

Sandwiched between all this art is homework, flyers, fundraising papers and sometimes do at home craft ideas. One of these great craft ideas was for making individual puddings in a jar. I obviously tossed this paper since I can't find it now, so I just improvised.

I was at my local cake supply and they had these cute screw top lids. I was thinking I could use it to transport cupcakes so they won't die in transit, but who knows.

I filled each with a little powdered pudding and some milk - chocolate for the Baby and vanilla for the Kid, of course. Then they just...SHAAAKKKEEE ITTT!!!

Yup. That's it. And what do you know? Your own little pudding cup that you've made yourself. Amazing. I'm going to occupy the kids by having them make some more, meanwhile I'll be out back burning their childhood memories.

Shake-it! Pudding Cup how-to, here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

GREAT idea!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Awesome idea!

And, speaking of keeping cupcakes alive in transit, I noticed that Sprinkles has these little cardboard box inserts that "cradle" each cupcake. Not sure if it's a custom thing, or some company out there is manufacturing them, but it might help the jumbling issue...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@Lorena
~sigh~ I have those and they WERE in there. I should have duct taped them down....

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Merrie said...

I toss some of my kids drawings every day, too. There's not enough room in my house. I frame the real good ones and keep all the pottery they make. But when you have a son who wants to be a comic book artist, there's no way you can save everything!

Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Ebenezer said...

Quite effective info, lots of thanks for the article.
play games

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home