Friday, October 16, 2009

She got the way to move me, cherry

The best way to get your kids to eat a variety of foods is to get them involved in the kitchen. Start out with fun foods and then easseeee them into things like fish and spinach and the like. Trust me.

So here's the fun. Frozen yogurt is all the rage here in Southern California which is pretty stupid if you ask me - suddenly it's 1991 again, but whatever. My kids of course - LOVE. IT. Maybe it's the variety of flavors you can choose from? (So explain why the Kid always gets vanilla.) I thought it'd probably be easy to make this at home.

That was until the weather turned cold. I mean freezing rain cold! Weather this week has been nuts. It was hot, then freezing to the point of dressing my kids in ski clothes, now today it's 90. Listen weather, we're going to have to break up. I can't handle your mood swings. So for now - this hot weather, it's good. If it goes down to artic when you decide to try this recipe, well just crank up your heater and put on some shorts and pretend it's summer.

In any case, I had these cherries - pounds of them that I froze, remember? They were nice and sweet so I thought they've be the perfect flavor for making frozen yogurt at home. This recipe is so easy, you just throw stuff together, so I got my baby sous chefs to help. Getting the kids involved got them very interested in trying the stuff when it was done, let me tell you.

Super simple, and just as good as the fancy store yogurt if you ask me. Of course I only had one flavor. Um...and no toppings. Or fancy bowls. Or rockin' music playing overhead. BUT IT'S JUST THE SAME I TELL YOU. Ugh. Forget it.

Cherry Frozen Yogurt recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger BentoForKidlet said...

Looks delicious! I am so glad I froze extra cherries this year!

Friday, October 16, 2009 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

This looks good. I remember going to Penguins in high school...way back when. So cool. -m

Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger EL said...

Thought of you this weekend when my nephew had a everything Transformer themed bday party. Good luck and have fun with whatever theme you have going for the boys bday this year! =)

Sunday, October 18, 2009 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger joanh said...

haha. it does feel like the 90s again- 90210 and melrose are on tv, the boy bands put out new albums...

Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home