Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sounds corny

When I sit down and sketch ideas for baking it's usually well ahead of when I actually get down to making stuff. Hey, I'm a busy woman. I've been staring into this giant stash of candy corn since they hit the shelves in September and I thought, a-ha! Candy Corn Cupcakes, freakin' brilliant! Yeah well turns out my pal Clara from I heart Cuppycakes was even more brilliant since she made that very thing last year. Oh well, I'm in the company of genius. HA.
So here they are in all their glory, cute as ever. The kids couldn't resist 'helping' and putting candy corn on top before we shuttled them over to the neighbor's house. Note: I've lived next to my neighbors for 10 years and just went over there for the first time yesterday. Whatever. Don't judge me, this is L.A. we mind our bizna$$.

Now I'm trying to sketch up another brilliant idea in case I might want to join Cupcake Hero this month - theme: Peanut Butter! (I'd have to make that when the kids aren't around.) Or I could just pass totally and hole up inside my house wondering what my neighbors are up to for another ten years.

Candy Corn Cupcake how-to, here.

**I don't give an actual recipe for the cake, just a how-to. If decide to use a box mix for them then for god's sakes don't tell me about it.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

Nothing wrong with being "in" the company of genius I say. HA! Hope you get a chance to participate in Cupcake Hero. I'd love to have you! Just try to come up with your own cupcake this time. *wink*

Monday, October 26, 2009 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Candy corn flavored cupcakes?!? YUM!!! I'm drooling on my computer!

Monday, October 26, 2009 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

Would you be disappointed if I told you I was crushed that there weren't ground up candy corns in the cup cakes. Is that just stupid?

Monday, October 26, 2009 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna Z said...

Oh, I do not blame you ONE BIT for not going over to your neighbor's. We had lived here about a year before I went over to one of our neighbors with a holiday goodie. And now I get calls just about 3 times a week from a crazy (yes, literally, she has Alzheimers) and have to weezle my way off the phone or listen to the SAME 10 stories over and over, and they're not even good ones!!! Lord help you if she catches you outside and then how do you get away? Tell me, HOW do you GET AWAY?? I wish I had never taken them that loaf of pumpkin spice bread.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

I'm reading this while gorging on candy corn pumpkins. Genius is right!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Harold said...

I fully agree with anything you've printed here.
nursing necklace | stencil font | resume template free

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home