Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Think pink

Well this kid I know turned ONE, which is hard to believe cause I remember when she wasn't even born yet.

Everything at the party was pink, which is fantastic. I love pink. When I asked The Baby if he wanted to come with me, he said, "It depends. Ask Auntie Nanette what kind of cake she's having." SHEESH. The nerve. In the end it turns out I made the dessert, which was 100 pink and brown cupcakes - 50 chocolate ganache and 50 brown sugar. I guess that was ok with him.

Nanette bought these really cool, almost realistic looking edible butterflies to go on the cupcakes. They were paper thin, and looked neat on random cupcakes. I'll have to remember this as a super cool cupcake topper idea.

There was yummy mac n' cheese and my favvvvorite - Nanette's mom's lumpia. SO GOOD.

The Baby just so happened to be the oldest kid at the party. I thought he'd feel like the 'king' - but instead it only bored him to death, since 'babies don't play PowerRangers.' Oh well. He amused himself (and others) anyway...yikes. Poor Boba Fett.

More birthday party pics, here.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Next year's party theme will be "Naughty Power Rangers." Start working on dessert ideas for that one, 'kay?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

See, it was brilliant of me to take a picture of the naughty power rangers! Your baby cracks me up.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

Boba Fett is a punk. Anybody who manages to get taken out by a blind guy deserves to be cracked open like a nutcracker by some lizard guy, and to not get any yummy cupcakes.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger EL said...

is that a red bakugon dragon? we have one of those somewhere around here and they are the WORST to step on.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I want a cupcake!

Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:33:00 PM  
OpenID lilsprinkles said...

very pretty! i'm loving the pink and brown themed cupcakes.

Monday, October 19, 2009 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home