Monday, October 19, 2009

Til the break of dawn, baby got it goin' on

I swear. Other people get the winter blues, but for me when it's hot - I just get angry. I mean it's October, why the hell is it 90 degrees??

So we did nothing this weekend. NOTHING. Because I was angry AND it was too hot to move. I thought of going to a pumpkin patch, but in shorts and a tank top? Ugh, why bother.

On Sunday it cooled down to a wintery EIGHTY degrees. sigh. But I couldn't take it anymore, I took weather into my own hands and forced it to be Fall. I made some spice cake cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream. I remember as a kid my mom would make spice cake during the fall season all the time, it has such a nice homey fragrance.

Well, it didn't work. We're still stuck with this summer weather. To console myself I've been following the FoodLibrarian's bundt cake endeavors. She told me she was going to try to make 30 bundts in 30 day so of course I started singing "I like big bundts and I cannot lie" to her, and I made her a logo because THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE WHO ARE JOBLESS AND BORED DO...er...photochop pictures of Sir Mix A Lot. Man, now I'm even more depressed. When's it gonna snow, dammit?

Spice cake cupcakes recipe

I LIKE BIG BUNDTS: 30 days of bundt cakes, here

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chessie said...

Love the big bundts! I'm really bummed it's going to be so warm this week while we're at Disney. We were hoping for a break from the desert heat.

Monday, October 19, 2009 1:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Love the logo!! Your creativity knows no boundaries.

Monday, October 19, 2009 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Squirrel plate! I haz that too! (I know, I know, such an irrelevant comment!)

We went to a farm yesterday later in the day and it cooled off nicely. Quite pleasant, in fact. I turned the a/c off again last night too. : )

Monday, October 19, 2009 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home