Thursday, November 05, 2009

Aw, nuts.

I love nuts, haw! In my mind, the kids were just mules for me to get my hands on peanut butter cups on Halloween. But for some reason my plan backfired, and much to the happiness of the Kid, they got one. ONE measly peanut butter cup?! I can't live on that!!

I had to take matters into my own hands. I dug through my pantry and luckily found a bar of chocolate. Then waaaaaay in the back I opened a new jar of peanut butter. I keep it far away from the kids, it's like a secret stash.

Working late at night on this secret operation made me feel very sneaky but boy was it worth it. To me, they were the best peanut butter cups ever. Still, I wouldn't pass up a store bought one wrapped in orange paper if it showed up on my doorstep. Just sayin'.

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous alibaba38 said...

Yum! I saw an ad for dark chocolate Reese's cup the other night and have been craving them since. I love all your secret operations!

Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Oh, I have some mini muffin cups that would be perfect for these! Another yummy candy to add to my Christmas treat repertoire. We'll see if any of these make it out the door as gifts -- somehow I doubt it! :D

Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Eric used to make pretty authenitic fake Reese's peanut butter cups from one of the "Top Secret Recipes" books. The secret to getting the peanut butter consistency is mixing it with powdered sugar.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home