Tuesday, November 10, 2009

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Last week the Baby was full on SICK. It felt like the Aporkalypse but he recovered after three days so I guess I'll never know. How did I know he was well? On the third day I caught him cannonballing off the sofa. Yeah...back to school for you, sucka.

Even though it hasn't been exactly cold, when there is sick - there is soup. And even though the Baby wasn't feeling well, he definitely wasn't feeling clear broth of any kind. That boy wanted meat, stat.Since it's near impossible to leave the house with a sick child, I just pulled from the pantry and came up with a quick but hearty soup. Luckily I had leftover meatballs in the freezer.

I'll probably make this a lot more since it was pretty satisfying and even the meat-hating Kid loved it. I think it will make anyone feel better Hamthrax or no Hamthrax.

Meatball Pastina Soup recipe, here.
Sweet Cornbread Muffins recipe, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yum-e said...

So sorry to hear the baby was sick. :( Amazing he was still able to eat meat though! Hope you're family is having a better week this week...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

hi. i made the Sweet Cornbread Muffins awhile back and never got around to thanking you for posting the recipe...they were great. Thanks

Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Adriano Barbaro said...

Looks appetising for an adult too! I trust your kid is no longer still ill ;)

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home