Friday, November 13, 2009

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads...

These kids are growing fast and always, always hungry. I can't keep up. I need to pack a snack for school, snacks for the car, snacks on the weekends. I try to change things up so they don't get bored. I made up this little fishy snack mix and it was a big hit!

When I was a kid I'd go fishing with my Grandpa- he always used marshmallows and those seemed to be the most effective bait. The strawberry marshmallows reminded me of that, then I added pretzel sticks for 'rods' to catch the cinnamon graham goldfish cookies. A stretch, I know - but I am trying to make food more interesting, and you know what? It totaly worked. The kids were all over this snack.

On the weekend I added a little yogurt dipping pond for the fishies and they were good to go. Snacktime success!

Goin' Fishin' Snack Mix recipe, here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

fish heads, fish head, eat them up YUM! I can't type YUM without thinking of Bernard Mickey Wrangle, aka Woodpecker. :)

Friday, November 13, 2009 6:43:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

That is awesome - to go the extra mile to make snacks fun is totally awesome.

Friday, November 13, 2009 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

I like to make my own "trail mix" with goldfish, craisins, marshmallows, nuts... I like the salty and sweet together.

Friday, November 13, 2009 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger maybe strawberry said...

what a great idea! i love you boat dish

Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home