Monday, November 16, 2009

Heroes in a half shell!

The kids are always making me come up with crazy craft ideas on the spot. Yesterday the Baby decided that he needed (insert whine here) a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume, stat. Nevermind that he's never seen the show - I guess his friends at school have? I don't know - but he is now an expert, apparently.

When they come up with these ideas they don't want bought costumes, they don't even want me to sew them (thank god-not in the mood), they want to make them out of...paper. Aha! Proof that these are my children.I busted out the big roll of butcher paper (I don't butcher my own meat, but I do draw large things) and drew outlines of turtle shells, straps and masks. I made them do the dirty work and color it in however they want.

Ah, what fun packing tape and paper can make you. They both did them very much their own way, and once cut out, I thought they were pretty cute. Now the Baby wants me to make him an Optimus Prime out of boxes and paper. Yeah...you can FORGET IT.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Sweet crafting action! My cousins, sister and I used to pretend we were Ninja Turtles when we were Kid's and Baby's ages. That is, until my cousin jumped off the couch and kicked me in the ribs. Since then, TMNT has been banned from my house (Mom's orders)!

But, it looks like they're having non-violent fun! :D

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Adorable!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

I made this costume, it tasted bad, and I threw half of it away. - anonymous

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home