Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I call it performance art, but my friend Ariel calls it wasting time. History will decide.

You might be sick of Batman, but bear with me here.

Believe it or not, besides Thanksgiving I need to prep for another party on Saturday. Insanity up in here. Since I'm busy - for tonight's After Dinner Art, the Kid put together the materials, concept and showed the Baby how to do it. This Kid is a born art teacher.

He found some of my old drafting supplies - trace paper, drafting dots, prismacolors - and set about putting together an art project using these tools. First he laid out their big Batman Brave and the Bold poster. Then he stuck the trace on top.

Using the prismacolors he went about drawing the characters, but only using colors - no outline, no detail. It was actually an interesting exercise in shapes and colors.

The Kid and the Baby worked quietly and steadily until they had done all the characters. What came about was pretty cool. Even though there were no details you could pretty much tell what each character was. It was almost an Impressionist's view...on Batman.

I'm glad he attempted this project on his own without my help. It gave me some insight into his artistic point of view. AND it was an easy project even for the Baby. Who knows what the Kid will tackle next, Cubism? Abstract Art? Soon I'll have a full gallery of different genres of art, except they will all be of Batman.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

The Batman Gallery! I'd come see that.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:23:00 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

This is genius.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:25:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Brilliant!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Holy crap, this is AWESOME. The kid draws way better than me.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home