Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's peanut butter jelly time!

What's the first theme park you think of - here in Southern California?? Ok. Forget it. What's the second? That's right - Knott's Berry Farm!

Although nowadays I consider Knott's janky-town, back in the day it was great and it really did used to be a farm and they are known for cultivating the Boysenberry, which is a combo of raspberry, blackberry and loganberry. Frankly, I think it tastes like grape - but what do I know I'm no jelly expert. We ate a lot of it as kids and I thought it'd be a nice twist to a peanut butter and jelly cupcake.

I have been working on this cupcake for a long time and I just love the peanut buttery cupcake together with the creamy frosting. Then again - anything peanut butter tastes like heaven to me while I'm standing in the dark corner of the kitchen stuffing it into my mouth. LOOK AWAY KIDS.

My friends remarked on the pure HEFT of them...I don't know if that's good or bad, but I did try to put a lot of jelly in them to get the peanut butter to jelly ratio just right. Again, I'm no jelly expert, I'm also no math expert.

I got the adorable liners at Bake it Pretty and they sure liven up a beige peanut buttery world. I handed these cupcakes out as gifts - now everyone really is Jelly Filled.Peanut Butter and Boysenberry Jelly cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Man, I am still dreaming of those cupcakes. So good!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

They were quite tasty! I was worried about how much jelly would be in there, as I'm not a fan of too much, but I think you did get it right. While adorable, I found the liner a little bit hard to remove, but then again I was frantically ripping in order to stuff my face while driving. Ha!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I was wondering what cupcakes were in the boxes on the table in your tea pictures. Looks delish! I'd rather get my PB&J fix from your cupcakes than from my amatuer sandwiches I'm making at home. Nice way to have a cupcake for lunch!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home