Friday, November 20, 2009

It's a world of laughter a world of tears

What is the number one question I get via email? Disneyland tips of course. I just took advantage of their layaway plan and renewed my pass and the kid's passes by paying for it monthly, so we will be making the most of next year, once again.

I know I go waaaay more than the average person, here's an example: I went the other day and bought cotton candy. I noticed the price and said to the seller "HEY! I paid less last week!" I was there...Last. Week. Pathetic.

I've written about my tips before, better park food, best bathrooms, etc - so here are a few more.
Disney tips and tricks

Snack Time
Across from the Matterhorn entrance there are a few little carts, but one that stands out it 'Fanstasy Freeze'. Here, they sell Frozen Apple Juice. If you have kids, this is where it's at, yo. Say you are like me and not entirely fond of filling your kids teef and tummies with frozen colored sugar water. Mind you, *I* don't mind drinking it myself, I'm just looking out for my kids. (Me = Downing a Slurpee right now) Anyway, it's hot. The kids are tired and right there - frozen apple juice. I'm not sure if it's sold anywhere else in the park - but you WILL find it here.
__________________________

Strollers
I recently gave out some info on strollers and realized, I know waaayyy too much about this topic. Here is what I think, as best as I can condense it without boring you:

If you are going to the park from the parking structure - let it be known that it is a nightmare to get on and off the parking trams. The wait is LONG both going and coming IF you have a stroller. (There is a secret way to walk there, I'll tell you if you need to know)

If you have a kid under three, I recommend your own stroller, it's more comfortable. Otherwise, rental is great because it's easy BUT they've raised the prices (also I have a germ phobia so who knows how clean those things are, make of that what you will.)

Important: if you are going on the 'big train' that goes around the park, you MUST collapse your stoller. This can work against you, parents. See if you are planning to get on and get off in another land, you are going to have to fold that sucker up. Think of your diaper bags, your drinks, your ballons...I'm getting a headache. Only other option - you'd have to park it and wait til you get all the way back to the stroller, meaning you can't get on and off the ride.

Strollers are good, strollers are great. You will die of exhaustion carrying a sleeping kid on your shoulder through crowds of strangers. Trust me.
__________________________

Pooh Corner - read: candy store
This gem is hidden in the furthest back part of the park which takes forever to get to and back. It's usually overlooked, but it's located right next to Splash Mountain and the Winnie the Pooh ride.

It's a small Pooh themed store, but half of it is also a candy factory. Treats made fresh, and the crowd is MINIMAL compared to the Main Street candy store. It is here that they also make some adorable Pooh theme caramel apples. You can thank me for this advice by paying me in toffee.
__________________________

The holidays are here, so good luck with the crowds, but the decorations are worth the trip!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do need to know the secret way to get from the parking structure.

Friday, November 20, 2009 3:06:00 PM  
OpenID chia777 said...

u are soooo lucky! i think i would like to go during x'mas one year now that i've been for halloween!

Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger bubbie said...

I've been reading your blog for years. I'd like to know the secret walk as well. I'm going to Disneyland next week and we're bringing my baby nephew in his stroller.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger lindsay said...

I'm heading out to Disneyland this Sunday (hopefully avoiding big crowds). It's the first time I'm taking my 2 year old daughter and would LOVE to know the secret stroller walk as well. Thank you in advance for the heads up about the toddler bathroom.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home