Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stormin' through the party like my name was El Nino

The Batman party was probably the easiest and fun party I've ever thrown. Mostly because I didn't have to clean up. We had it at one of those kid's activity centers - I was wary at first, but turns out they do all the dirty work and really entertain the kids so I could just kick back and relax. It was awesome.

While I'm not really a fan of 'party pizza' it was definitely the easiest way to feed 24 crazed starving children. And since the Baby insisted that Batman loves pizza and spam musubi - that's what we had.
I also laid out some snacks - mostly for the adults. Since the parents just stand around and chat at these things, it's nice to have something to munch on.

I filled my ever-handy glass containers: one with a giant tub of Goldfish from Target, some pretzels and I made some chocolate sugar cookies - in bat shape of course.Instead of making a cake, I figured the best way to serve that many kids was to do cupcakes of course. Just hand 'em out and you're good to go. I made them Chocolate Ovaltine, and yes - I hand cut all those Batman logos 'cause I didn't have a cutter. I also made red velvets for the adults, because you know, what adults isn't craving a little sweet while the birthday treats are being handed out, you know?

It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time. Now - on to the next party!

Batman fondant how-to, here.

Chocolate Sugar Cookies recipe, here.
More party pics, here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger shizzknits said...

you are the consummate party planner! I love the Batman stuff you came up with...Lucky Baby! And happy Birthday to him!

Monday, November 23, 2009 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So glad it went well and that all of the prep stress was worth it! : )

Monday, November 23, 2009 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger joanh said...

that is so awesome! your kids are going to have the best bday party pics!

Monday, November 23, 2009 5:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Rudolf said...

The guy is totally just, and there is no skepticism.
edit videos | live news online | sex pillows

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Reuben said...

To my mind one and all ought to look at this.
free online games

Monday, March 05, 2012 4:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home