Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You say it's your birthday? It's my birthday too, yeah!

If it's not Batman around this here blog, it's Disney, that's for sure.

You knew this was coming though. With the Baby's birthday coming a stop at Disneyland was inevitable. The last time we will go for 'free' since their offer ends this year. Since we have annual passes we actually get a $62 giftcard instead of a free ticket - and I am beyond fine with that.

It is the worst time of year to go but hey, it's his birthday - we don't have a choice. The park is PACKED with tourists, to the point where you can't even walk. Surprisingly though, we had a nice leisurely day, with only one incident. The one ride the Baby insisted on was Winnie the Pooh. I trekked all the way down there and the guy said, "It's closed down, Happy Birthday!" Eh, eff you.

Then the Baby promptly passed out for his afternoon nap so my mom took the Kid and went god knows where. I happily sat down and drank a frozen lemonade because dammit, it's 80 degrees in November!!! Crazy.

We ate lunch at the Tomorrowland Terrace, a place I usually despise but the Baby INSISTED on eating Arroz Con Pollo for his birthday. They have the tiniest little cup of it, but he wanted it. I was happy to see that they now serve healthy alternatives to their normal fast food menu - since I refuse to eat standard burger and fries-type park food. My mom and I ate off the 'healthy menu' and had focaccia sandwiches that came with a nice apple slaw. The Kid went for his ultimate meal: A power pack of cheese, yogurt and apples. Ew. First time he ate his whole lunch though, so I'm not complaining.

While we ate, we sat and watched kids do Jedi training and fight a real-life Darth Vader. Despite my begging, my kids refused to participate. The Kid was scared and the Baby just wanted to eat his freakin' Arroz Con Pollo in peace. Sheesh!

More Disneyland pics, here.

The best part of the day was when the Baby saw a public phone on the wall and yelled, "WHAT IS THAT??" Geez louise, if there ever was a time I felt OLD, that was it.

Although it was crowded the Baby was happy, and we left at a comfortable 2:30pm. Luckily my kids know when to call it quits too. Like every other poor family in the park who probably traveled far and are stuck there - we all know that 2:30pm is actually Melt Down O'clock. Crying, whiny children, Start. Your. Engines. Forget that. Later suckers, we're drivin' home.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

Stormtrooper Kitty iPhone case = way cool. Are you holding that with one hand and taking a photo with the other hand?

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:16:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@Bully Yeah, I'm a bad driver. I should have two hands on the wheel. But I have an iPhone app that tells all the wait times for the rides so I don't have to guess. Therefore my phone is always by my side. Ha!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I always thought meltdowns started at 3 p.m. I need to adjust my watch accordingly.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

My friend went for her birthday on Saturday and said it was pretty empty. 20 minutes was the longest they waited for anything (I'm betting they did not go on Peter Pan).

Now I feel guilty that we ate in Tomorrowland for my birthday. You should have said something! : (

You know me...no fancy smancy iPhone, so I'll be rolling old skool tomorrow and reading the signs for wait times. Oh bother. Winnie the Pooh better be open tomorrow...that's one of our favorites too!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home