Friday, December 11, 2009

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

I went to the Kindergarten and saw all the kid's work on the walls. They were writing about what they will be doing over Christmas. Here's what the Kid wrote:

"My mom and I are going to bake cakes for Satan."

Er. So close, yet so far. I bet Santa gets that ALL the time. Riiiight. We won't be making cakes for Satan OR Santa - but cookies, YES.

I always see biscotti at the coffee place but never think to make it. It seems easy enough to just buy it for a dollar and be done with it. And really, it is. But what the heck, roll with me on this.

I decided to try to make some by myself. Believe it or not the Kid's chocolate allergy has magically disappeared so I'm all excited and want him to go for it Augustus Gloop-style. No dice. The Kid is way too cautious. He wants to eat at tiny bit just to make sure he's ok. He's no glutton like me.

So I made up some mini biscotti - in chocolate of course - and boy, was it easy. And tasty! It was nice and crisp yet soft enough to the bite. The kids loved them. If Santa doesn't, then I guess I'll just call up Satan and invite him over for tea.

Mini Chocolate Espresso Biscotti recipe, here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Babs said...

Satan! I hollered!

Friday, December 11, 2009 5:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

This post made my freakin' day. God it was hilarious. :D Love the recipe too!

Friday, December 11, 2009 7:25:00 AM  
Anonymous amyg said...

Laughing out loud!! TOO funny!

Friday, December 11, 2009 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

The Martha Stewart recipe for cranberry pistachio biscotti on her site and in her baking handbook is one I make every year for Christmas. I get so tired of paying $4 for good biscotti.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:51:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm not surprised he got over the chocolate allergy. he probably built up a resistance to the vast amounts around the house. good job mom!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home