Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Run, run, as fast as you can

The Kid has gingerbread on the brain. He wanted gingerbread houses, gingerbread trains, gingerbread buildings - look Kid, we're in a recession, all construction is on hold.

I gave in slightly and allowed the kids to decorate gingerbread men. That way everyone had their own piece and there was no in-fighting over decorating - this goes for you too, inlaws. It also gave me an opportunity to finish up the last of my '6 months of baked goods' as a wedding gift for Parlene.I made up a batch of GIANT gingerbread men, these suckers are a good 10" tall, and since Batman is still King in this house, I also made little gingerbread bat-masks for them to wear. While I had intended totally Batman-them out in all black, I got caught up in how much fun the kids were having just going nuts with the candy. So they look less Batman and more...freakish nymph...or something. Who cares, they were tasty.

The boys went nuts - they never get a candy free for all around here and I watched as the Baby put just as much in his mouth as his did on the cookie. Ugh. Candy overload.

It was fun, I still miss house building, both real and gingerbread. Maybe next year.

Gingerbread Bat-boys
Gingerbread house decor

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn @ BentoForKidlet said...

The masks are brilliant! We just had a huge cookie decorating here as well with all of my son's friends. I have never seen so many tiny children eat so much candy....scary!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

No disrespect to my own mom, but in my next life, I wanna come back as one of your kids.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Just noticed your Target cart link and had to tell you what I got my 7 year old daughter there yesterday (well, Santa got it, actually)- a Hello Kitty fortune cookie making kit- you make actual edible fortune cookies out of bright red and yellow fondant. She is going to love it!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:35:00 PM  
Anonymous skogknits said...

i like how the one on the left is wearing pants and carrying a baby.

Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:50:00 AM  
Anonymous amyg said...

Merry Christmas and HIDY HO! These cookies are the cutest...

Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Titus said...

This is all erroneous what you're writing.
where to get coupons | thin wallet | free gay videos

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home